Immediate Openings for Two Postdoctoral Researchers
Two postdoctoral positions are available at the Laboratory of Robotic Innovation and Intervention (Rii Lab) at the University of Michigan - Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute, under the joint supervision of Profs. Kai Xu (UM-SJTU Joint Institute) and Albert J. Shih (UM). The successful candidates will be mainly based at the Rii lab in Shanghai and spend some of the time at University of Michigan. The positions are available immediately for 2 years with the option to extend depending on performance.
The successful candidates will join an interdisciplinary team to develop a multifunctional endoscopic device and a laparoscopic robotic device for surgical applications. Important aspects of the problems include designing actuation and mechanisms, developing kinematics/elastics/statics models for control, developing calibration and compensation of the prototypes, preparing for animal studies, etc.
- PhD in a robotics related field
- Strong theoretical background
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic
- Experience with mechanism design
- Knowledge about kinematics modeling
- Experience with deploying medical robot systems is a plus
The positions are available immediately. The review of applications starts when applications are received and will continue until the positions are filled.
Please send the following in a single pdf file addressed to email@example.com
Please put “Rii Lab Postdoc Application” in the subject line.
- A cover letter with summary of research experience, future interests and available start date
- Dissertation title and abstract
- One page and goals
- Names of at least three references
- Al least one representative paper
UM-SJTU Joint Institute
Shanghai Jiao Tong University